Dealing with Breakup

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

Holmes

Dealing with Breakup

Post by Holmes » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 am

I found my way to this forum because it looks like a supportive group. I'm going through a breakup and having a hard time dealing with it especially with the holidays. Thanksgiving? I don't even want to do anything. I'm supposed to go to my brother's house but I can't even face anyone. They have their perfect little family and I don't need to see it in my face. It will make it harder. What makes it worse is I blame myself and can't stop thinking about it.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Re: Dealing with Breakup

Post by Mauveduh » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Breakups are always difficult. And it seems like Holidays make you feel the loneliness even more. But hiding away by yourself will only make you dwell on it. I'm hoping you will reach out to friends and family at times like this. At least you have a family who welcomes you to share the holiday. Family is like your relationship. You may take it for granted and not realize how important it is until it's gone. You may even have fun once you get there, if you let yourself.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

Monkeygirl

Post by Monkeygirl » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. Things will get easier, but I agree with Mauveduh. You need to get out and be around people to get your mind off it. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving! Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

bluej244

Post by bluej244 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Holmes wrote:I found my way to this forum because it looks like a supportive group. I'm going through a breakup and having a hard time dealing with it especially with the holidays. Thanksgiving? I don't even want to do anything. I'm supposed to go to my brother's house but I can't even face anyone. They have their perfect little family and I don't need to see it in my face. It will make it harder. What makes it worse is I blame myself and can't stop thinking about it.
Hello Holmes,

If you don't mind, could you please share the reason of the break up? Why do you blame yourself, is it your fault? Is there no chance to reconcile? If reconciliation is not a good option and living it that way is better then you have to move on. But first, make a stand. What do you really want? You should talk to your ex and discuss what must be discussed to clear things out. Perhaps you are really stressed out with what happened. I just want to share you this endburnout.com/you-cant-change-it-then-change-the-way-you-see-it/. This really helped me get through the challenges of life.

Good luck and feel free to message me.
I am doing great in balancing work and family.