Democrat vs Republican Free Stuff

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

Drake

Democrat vs Republican Free Stuff

Post by Drake » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:47 am

I hear many comments about democrats wanting to give away free stuff and how that's the problem with our economy. Many conservative republicans give no thought to how their neighbor is doing. It's all about me, me, me and who cares about their community, their country, or their planet. It's a biopic way of thinking with no caring for anyone but themselves.

The assertions are that the poor are struggling because they don't want to work. Fingers are pointed saying, "I worked for what I got."
I think we've all worked in our own way. Many don't have the opportunities to get an education, to learn a skill, to know how to build a business, or to be in good mental or physical health.

Do we just cast aside those who are less fortunate and offer no help? Keep the poor down. Where is your humanity, people?

Mala

Re: Democrat vs Republican Free Stuff

Post by Mala » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:54 pm

We need to think of our veterans first. Over 300,000 died waiting to be treated. Wasting money giving it away to who ever hold their hand out is unacceptable.

Drake

Re: Democrat vs Republican Free Stuff

Post by Drake » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09 am

There is no reason why we can't take care of vets AND help the poor. Over half of the 2015 US National budget went toward the Military. Less than 5-9% went to Health. Public welfare programs are a miniscule fraction of the discretionary spending of 1-2%.

If we go to a single payer health system, it would seem that all would benefit including the military veterans. Everyone could get universal health care, lowering the overall costs of medical services and pharmaceuticals.