Meet my two new cats!

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

webwriter

Meet my two new cats!

Post by webwriter » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:24 am

Not being able to bear an empty house without at least one cat, I headed to the animal shelter a day after I lost Tabitha and adopted a calico cat named Waffles. I nicknamed her "Mama Doll" because she is a rather large cat. When I first bought her home, Waffles hid in the closet for two days before coming out. She's now sleeping on one of the dining room chairs.

About a week later, I adopted a male cat named Columbus. Columbus has tabby markings and a somewhat shaggy coat and tail. He is 10 years old, but is a real affectionate sweetie who reminds me of my Tabitha. He has one or two little health issues with his kidneys, but so far has been to the vet and is doing well. I just love him! He enjoys playing too.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:33 pm

Oh, I'm glad you adopted some more cats and sorry about Tabitha. I noticed that you couldn't resist rescuing a cat with health problems. You've had your share of those and had to nurse them along. Those are some lucky cats.

I inherited 4 cats where I live but I haven't seen one of them for about 3 weeks so I don't have a good feeling about that. They usually just hang around the property but this one was a bit psycho. He liked to take off for a couple of days at a time, and then show up when he felt like it. Then another cat showed up and has made this his second home every day at meal time. He was scared at first too and now he thinks he's one of the family.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

jnessinger1

hey thats sort of like men and woman

Post by jnessinger1 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:44 pm

LOL hey i know some friends with boyfriends and girlfriends that do the same thing i guess where animals by nature

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:02 am

Hope that you see the cats again, Mauveduh. And your story about the cat that keeps showing up reminds me of all of the times that a cat keeps coming around my sister's house. My sister has been feeding that cat, a female with tabby markings, for quite a long time. Lately, the cat has allowed my sister to pet her. Now, my sister wants to catch her and take her to the vet, then guess what ---- bring her to my house, LOL. She wants the cat to be protected during the cold winter months.

hendrick149073

Post by hendrick149073 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:04 am

Nice to know ive joined a forum that has cat lovers!!
I have my own kitty called Trinity she is 8 months old and is a british chocolate short hair. I had just moved out of home where my mother had a cat that used to relax with me and i missed her that much i had to buy one, the only problem is i am alergic to cats so had to choose a specific breed so not to have too much of an alergic reaction!!
Im afraid of losing her so she has become a house cat!!
~!@

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:56 pm

Welcome. There are plenty of cat lovers around here....

You may be a candidate for the new hypoallergenic cats coming on the market. The proteins in their bodily secretions have been genetically altered and they aren't supposed to cause allergies. hmmmm....

They will be available early next year and you can order now if you have an extra $4,000. laying around. :-)
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

hendrick149073

Post by hendrick149073 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:06 am

Mauveduh wrote:Welcome. There are plenty of cat lovers around here....

You may be a candidate for the new hypoallergenic cats coming on the market. The proteins in their bodily secretions have been genetically altered and they aren't supposed to cause allergies. hmmmm....

They will be available early next year and you can order now if you have an extra $4,000. laying around. :-)
Thats going a bit too far, genetically modified kitties!!!
Im allergic not Dr Frankenstein!!!lol
Its mainly fine furr (my sisters persians) that cause me bother but over the years i become more resistant!!

jnessinger1

FORGET CATS

Post by jnessinger1 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:12 pm

FORGET THE CATS I WANT A PUPPY DOGGYS ARE BETTER :)

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:16 pm

... only if you like to walk them, which I don't. That's why I have cats, which only need love, food and good care. They don't need to be walked.

jnessinger1

hi

Post by jnessinger1 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:45 pm

PUPPY DOGS ARE MORE CUDDLY and they do tricks and if ya take dogs out ya can meet chicks LOL damn now i really want a doggy

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:39 pm

Well, you can do that if you like. For my part, I still don't like to walk dogs, especially when it's too cold, too hot, too rainy or windy or when I drank too much coffee and need to use the bathroom badly. Btw, I've had plenty of experience walking my sister's dogs, especially her white husky, Chloe, who just loves to run. One hot, humid June afternoon, Chloe ran away as I was changing her leash. I ran after her, across wide lawns. Every time I got within yelling range, that damn Chloe ran. Finally, one of the neighbors caught and held on to her. By that time, my sister had arrived in her jeep and helped me to get Chloe inside.

When we got back to her house, my dad was standing on the corner, in spite of his illness, waiting for us. Chloe was his favorite dog. She was constantly at his side, sleeping when he slept, eating when he ate. Sometimes I think that Chloe helped my dad live a little longer. Yet, that dog is much too active for me.

hendrick149073

Re: hi

Post by hendrick149073 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:45 am

jnessinger1 wrote:PUPPY DOGS ARE MORE CUDDLY and they do tricks and if ya take dogs out ya can meet chicks LOL damn now i really want a doggy
personal opinion but i prefer a cat as i havent the patience to look after a dog and cater for its every need like a babies because realisticly thats what they are like to look after!!

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:50 am

So true!

And cats are cuddly and affectionate. My Columbus is a real sweetie and I hope that I have him for a long time. He's ten years old.

louieann34

Re: Meet my two new cats!

Post by louieann34 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:47 am

webwriter wrote:Not being able to bear an empty house without at least one cat, I headed to the animal shelter a day after I lost Tabitha and adopted a calico cat named Waffles. I nicknamed her "Mama Doll" because she is a rather large cat. When I first bought her home, Waffles hid in the closet for two days before coming out. She's now sleeping on one of the dining room chairs.

About a week later, I adopted a male cat named Columbus. Columbus has tabby markings and a somewhat shaggy coat and tail. He is 10 years old, but is a real affectionate sweetie who reminds me of my Tabitha. He has one or two little health issues with his kidneys, but so far has been to the vet and is doing well. I just love him! He enjoys playing too.
That is so nice of you to adopt a cat to have at home...That is soo sweet of you...You have a kind heart to animals.
Wise Choice Living

Johntan

Re: Meet my two new cats!

Post by Johntan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:13 pm

I rescued two dogs and a cat this year. They are happy and healthy now.