A dreaded question

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

webwriter

A dreaded question

Post by webwriter » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:51 pm

That dreaded question is, "What next?" and I try not to ask it or even wonder out loud what is going to happen next. When I had the nerve to even wonder about that lately, my furnace began to leak water.

My next response after "Oh no!" was to call the plumber, who informed me that I needed a new furnace. I can kiss a few thousand dollars good-bye, but what can I do? The furnace is scheduled to be replaced on Wednesday (I hope).

And I probably could mention other things that happened after I rhetorically asked, but I won't bother. After all, every living being has problems. Take my new cat, Waffles, for example. She shows her resentment of my other new cat by pooping wherever she danged well pleases. Litter box? What litter box? She's a privileged character. Supposedly, she'll stop doing that once she gets used to the other cat, but who knows?

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:37 pm

Oh..... a furnace.... That's a big one. I had a service tech tell me the same thing but I ended up having someone else check it first and I didn't need it replaced afterall, but then it wasn't leaking water. I don't even think it used water.

Don't ask what's next! Look at your furnace as half full instead of half empty. ;-) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I know some people very similar to your cat in the way they handle their issues, not literally; but others end up cleaning the mess they leave behind. If you find a cure for that one, let me know.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:50 pm

LOL, the cat hasn't changed yet, leaving me a smelly surprise late last night, that I rushed to clean up.

And I did get a new furnace yesterday. The plumber arrived a little after 8 am with a helper and had the new furnace up and running in about two hours. During that time, one of them let the water out of the radiators and went back to close them again. I had to place poor Columbus in the carrier for a little while because he was too interested in all of those open doors and wanted to run out. Waffles took off and hid in the closet, but she's fine today.

I think Columbus has been somewhat traumatized, as he sat in the closet, laid down in the litterbox, and followed me around a lot. I've pet and kissed him and as soon as I get a chance, will administer some flea medicine. He's been scratching himself a lot lately.

I stayed up really late last night and didn't get up until 9:30 this morning. By the time I fed the cats, ate and showered, it was after 11 am. What a day! At least, the furnace problem has been successfully resolved. The plumber said that the furnace should work well for 40 years! That's good, because I probably won't be alive to have to replace it. Someone else will have that problem, lolol!