What do you do when the power goes out?

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

webwriter

What do you do when the power goes out?

Post by webwriter » Mon May 21, 2007 12:35 pm

Last Wednesday, we had a bad storm. During that time, a 50-mph gust of wind knocked down two trees on the main street nearby. Those trees took the power lines down with them.

That happened around 6:30 pm.

That night, I found a flashlight and managed to clean the cats' litterbox, food dishes and brush my teeth. It was tough, but I did it.

Then during the next day, I wondered what I could do, with the power still being out. Watching television was out, as was working at the computer, or using the blowdryer. I did the next best thing by using the computer at my local library and some minor housework. By 8 pm that night, the power was finally restored.

So I was just wondering. If you every experienced a power outage, what did you do? What did you think? How did you cope?

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Tue May 29, 2007 8:16 pm

The power goes out here every winter and you would think I would be more prepared. I still end up looking around for candles and never have enough flashlights.

I happened to be home the last 2 years on New Years Eve and the power went out both times. What a dissappointment. I ended up trying to read with a flashlight because I was desparate for entertainment. For the first time that I can remember, I didn't stay awake to bring in the New Year.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain