Even Einstein didn't get Taxes

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Even Einstein didn't get Taxes

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:13 pm

"The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax."
Albert Einstein
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:16 pm

Alas, that is so true! And things are more likely to get worse before they get better. Also, the average person always winds up paying more and footing the bill because politicians are still obliged to arrange laws in the moneyed class's favor. A rigged tax system is why this class doesn't have to worry that much about taxes. The only taxes that really worry that class are the property taxes, so maybe they aren't getting away with a heck of a lot --- unless they have figured out a way to buy a local influential politician.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:15 pm

I just posted that message! Help!

webwriter

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:02 pm

I haven't even done my taxes yet. I am really procrastinating on this one. I don't want to face it.

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:33 am

Well, I am nearly finished and found out that if my math is correct, I owe a little more than five hundred dollars in taxes! Most of that is self-employment tax, as I earned little over ten thousand last year. Now I will have to pay and pay and pay and pay. God knows what I owe in state taxes. No wonder I have been procrastinating!!!!