I will say hello to Elvis

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:08 pm

I would have also not been able to stop laughing! Right now, I envy you both not only for your being able to take a little vacation but to accumulate so much material for a book. I also think that a book project would be a great idea. Maybe that book could have a humorous slant and could become a novel as well as a nonfiction book. Oops, another item for your to-do list, Mauveduh. Sorry about that. It just slipped out. LOL!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:32 pm

There is no doubt that it would be a humorous version. It is amazing how much material you can find in a short period of time if you are in the right frame of mind.

When I go away, I try to keep the mindset of, "it's all in the adventure".

That way I don't worry so much about the obstacles and can find some humor or enjoyment in them...most of the time.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:49 pm

Great way to prime the pump! And it does help to be receptive to positive and negative experiences. If you keep digging, you will likely find good material. George Carlin, for example, drew upon his Catholic school experiences in New York, for many of his humorous talks now on tape. I love the one where he discusses how he much he enjoyed disgusting a classmater, Mary Margaret, so much that she threw up in class and his story about kids feigning epileptic seizures. (I'm ashamed to say that as a kid, I found them very funny. Luckily, I was able to maintain a poker face and no one was the wiser. But that's a kid for you.)Then there's another talk about stupid people. Carlin's tapes crack me up every time I listen to them.

Another great comedian was and is Drew Carey. In one show, his girl friend mixed up his training tape, so that he wound up bringing the wrong tape to the office. In that tape, every time he got up or changed his position or bent down, he farted. As might be expected, his manager colleagues thought that the tape was very funny. I did, too. I'm sure that Mr. Carey used a few of his life experiences as inspiration. For example, I'm sure that somewhere, somehow, he did have to cope with a character like Mimi.

Marlowe

Post by Marlowe » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:49 pm

Well done Mauveduh! I couldn't have picked a better suited icon for myself. I will get to my introduction soon as I have a bit more time.

I actually have some fun tidbits to share if anyone is interested. As you know I do a bit of writing for a very small publisher that pretty muchs sums up to a gossip column! You also know how much I love to star watch. I also love to just talk about the kid next door as well. I might share some of these funs tidbits with you and your forum, if you think it might be fun!

Anyways, more of that later. Mauveduh, remember our little week-end trip to the wine country? We called it "Fear and Loathing in Calistoga?"
That was one hell of a trip!!

Thanks again to webwriter for your help; as it turned out Mauveduh did the footwork for me!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:31 pm

We welcome any and all of your stories and/or gossip. You are in the know about all of our best loved celebrities. We love that stuff.

Oh, how could I forget that trip to Calistoga when a 4 hour ride turned into an 18 hour trip with all of our detours, not to mention driving in circles when we got lost. OK, I even posted about the Jade pendant on another site and I will leave it at that, as I know it was an embarrassing situation. LOL
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain