Anyone watch the political debates last night?

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Anyone watch the political debates last night?

Post by Mauveduh » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:50 pm

It was close but looks like most people agree that Kerry won the debate last night.

A poll for CNN gave Kerry a 46 per cent to 37 per cent win over the president. It added that 46 per cent of those asked now have a better opinion of Kerry against 21 per cent for Bush.

I can't help trying to read their facial expressions, looking for something that they can't hide with their well-rehearsed looks of containment.

On that note, here is related story that you can't help but enjoy just a little.

Faux News: Fox News Fabricates Story

Under the sub-title, The Metrosexual vs. the Cowboy, FoxNews published fake quotes of John Kerry such as, "Didn't my nails and cuticles look great? What a good debate!" and "Women should like me. I do manicures."

The article was quickly pulled and replaced with the following explanation from the editor of FoxNews.com:

"Earlier Friday, FOXNews.com posted an item purporting to contain quotations from Kerry. The item was based on a reporter’s partial script that had been written in jest and should not have been posted or broadcast. We regret the error, which occurred because of fatigue and bad judgment, not malice."

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/cultu ... 00616.html
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:29 am

LOL, that was good! I figured that the jokes would be flying. Another thing I heard about was a mock debate between a Kerry puppet and a Bush puppet, where all the stops were pulled out.

And no, I didn't have time to watch. Too bad the politicians don't include "Nobody" on the ballot. I would register to vote and promptly vote for nobody, because I don't really see anything good coming out of the debates. It's all bs, because whoever gets in is going to forget everything he promised the people, namely, hardworking taxpayers, and do whatever he wants. Sorry to be saying this, but I can't help but feel skeptical. How do I know that either of those candidates hasn't got a hidden agenda? There is virtually no difference between the parties.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:50 pm

How do I know that either of those candidates hasn't got a hidden agenda?
Oh, finally a question that I know that answer to. They BOTH have hidden agendas. Not much of a choice, eh?
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:16 am

LOL, all the more reason to vote for "nobody." I rest my case!

CHICAGOMAN68

Post by CHICAGOMAN68 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:52 pm

MM BUSH OR NO BUSH I PREFER NO BUSH !! I like a smooth interior O WAIT YOU MEAN THE PRESIDENCY EXCUSE ME OK MAUVEDUH I NEED A VOTE FOR A COLD SHOWER

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:38 pm

Still, I'm curious to know what those agendas are. I guess we'll find that out soon enough, though I've got to admit, Bush seems to know what he's doing as far as homeland security goes. And for me, the jury is still out regarding Iraq. But I feel sorry for all of the troops and pray for their safe return. It looks like this country is between a rock and a hard place. God bless America. (What else can I say?)

CHICAGOMAN68

Post by CHICAGOMAN68 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:44 am

well you can also say LIKE ALL THE POLITICIANS SAY!! SHOW ME The Money

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:42 pm

If you have money, it may be worth your while. When that politician wins an election, he or she will be ready to listen to you and help you get what you want, such as better tax breaks. It's almost like playing the lottery: you can't win it if you're not in it. Money talks.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:59 pm

And you know about lotteries, Chicago. It's gambling. LOL
You need a good chunk of change to buy a politician though.
~-~-~-~-~

CHICAGOMAN68

Post by CHICAGOMAN68 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:08 am

O really as they say here in Chicago people , their are other ways to get favors done not just by money. Sometimes even money doesn't work. Sometimes you have to make them an offer they cant refuse LOL. Hey Mauveduh whats that crack about gambling well I did take a hit this week and I am not talking about a Mob hit ( at least not yet) I lost 615.00 dollars on football bets ! Can anyone spare any extra knee caps LOL. Now how am i supposed to go to Vegas next Tuesday-Friday hymm wheres my baseball bat LOL

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:58 am

I read somewhere that it is possible to buy a politician (or two or three, however many that you need). All you have to do is make political donations, and once you do, you won't be forgotten! Your name and address will be filed for future donations. Unlike other groups who ask for donations and promptly forget you once they get your money, a politician won't because he or she not only needs your money but your support! Of course, if you can afford a large donation, give it by all means. Otherwise, giving a couple dollars ($25? $50? $100?) may not hurt, but help your case. It will become easier for you to ask for a little something-something in return --- and actually get it! In the meantime, you may be able to get other perks, such as invitations to political dinners and the like.

This is probably what the Newark, New Jersey mayor-for-life has successfully done. When he asks for a project, such as an expensive, taxpayer-funded stadium for his city, the politicians are more likely to at least consider his request. I'll just bet that he has received other goodies in return for his contributions.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:48 pm

Another OOPS moment!

Cheney directs surfers to anti-Bush site

VP's incorrect Web address redirects traffic to a George Soros page lambasting President Bush.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Vice President Dick Cheney told viewers Tuesday night they could verify his claims from the vice-presidential debate at an independent Web site -- www.factcheck.com -- but visitors to the site found a searing anti-Bush message.

Cheney accidentally said ".com" instead of ".org" during the televised debate. Internet surfers who visited factcheck.com were redirected to the home page of billionaire anti-Bush activist George Soros, with the statement "Why we must not re-elect President Bush" at the top of the screen.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/06/technol ... /index.htm
~-~-~-~-~

CHICAGOMAN68

Post by CHICAGOMAN68 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:03 pm

YEah MAVEDUH I CAUGHT THAT TODAY TOO ISNT THAT FUNNY THEY CANT EVEN get a website right LOL . NOW I KNOW WHY WE HAVE SO MANY UNEMPLOYED Except for in Texas where they are hirieng alot of individuals and look the cost of living is one of the cheapes in the country HYMM I WONDER WHY!! Did you catch our Chicago Scandal too TRUCKS FOR HIRE ? I think that bush thing was a freudian slip!

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:42 pm

It's all just a big lie. The politicians are becoming more desperate to get elected, so they'll say whatever they think people want to hear.