Melancholy Dreams

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

ldd1961

Melancholy Dreams

Post by ldd1961 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:01 am

Greetings, all! Dwayne, here!

I wore myself out again, this morning; and so I have just awoken from another afternoon nap. I need to stop taking afternoon naps -- so far, I have had the same dream for the past five days .. and it is moving from melancholy to depressing!

I am a divorced, non-custodial father. I was never a great husband -- too self-absorbed and insecure -- but my passion was being a father! And now, my daughter lives with her mother, half the country away from me. We chat online; and I'm allowed to telephone her twice a week (when both of our schedules permit). But it's not the same.

I miss making breakfast, I miss hugs and kisses, I miss giving hand and foot massages, I miss having my grey hairs pulled out (ouch! - lol), I miss peeking in her room to see that she's sleeping okay ... I miss rocking her and singing lullabies -- but they're long gone anyway.

Every afternoon that I nap (which is, most afternoons lately), I dream that I live in a big house, and my daughter is living there with me --she is younger again. She is fourteen, now; but in the dream she's always around 4-5 -- the age she was, when we separated and the divorce was finalized.

And now, I'm crying again! It's been a rough week.

Dwayne
Give a hug, get a hug -- make a difference!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:01 pm

Hi Dwayne,

Women aren't the only ones who suffer from empty-nest syndrome. That's a rough one. My son just told me he was going to leave this area when he was on his own and move. I had one of those moments when I had to imagine him not here as well as not even living near enough that I would see him. That's difficult to imagine and I feel for your situation. That's when I go back to imagining him when he was younger too because he was dependent on me at that time, and there is security in that. I miss that too.

Sometimes, it hits harder than others, doesn't it? It sounds like you are in a bit of a depression with your extra sleeping habits. Maybe you could look at some ways to deal with that to help. But hang in there. You are trying to work through something so it's churning right now.

I've been doing that and letting it out here. It's better than keeping it inside. My thoughts are with you.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:56 pm

Letting it out always helps and is much better than keeping things bottled up inside. It's a relief to know that other people do care!

I've been sleeping a lot lately too, and I think that my reluctance to get out of bed is related to all of the warm, sunny weather we've been having. Or it may be due to the fact that I often go to bed really late at night, sometimes after midnight, then awaken around 9 or 10 in the morning, something I've never been allowed to do at home. There are times when you just need that sleep and should not feel guilty about ignoring the alarm clock.

hollywood

Post by hollywood » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:30 pm

I have been rembering alot of my dreams lately. I wonder what that means. HOpefully good stuff

hollywood

abadam

Post by abadam » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:22 am

Thank you for sharing.
Discount Golf | TaylorMade R9 Irons,if you like,welcome to join us!

Johntan

Re: Melancholy Dreams

Post by Johntan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Divorce is hard to get used to. Your dreams can tell you a lot if you pay attention.