Took my test

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat May 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Well, I thought I would add another post to this long topic that took on a life of its own.

I'm doing the happy dance. I finally made it over to the testing site to take my other test and PASSED!!!!!!!!

And I got an 'A', not that it's such a big deal on this one. I didn't really care what I got as long as I passed and got it overwith. WoooHooo!!

Now for the hard part. Anyone want to sell your house? Or how about buying one? Come on, only 800,000. for a small 3 bedroom fixer upper on the California coast. Of course, we can find a more upscale version for you, if you are not one to pick up a hammer and your idea of a tool is an expresso machine. I'll have a White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino® Blended Coffee Grande with a cut and a manicure.....!
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat May 21, 2005 4:17 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Mauveduh! I always knew that you could do it! All best to you!

I'd been playing around with the idea of investing in real estate, which is why I joined Metropolitan Real Estate Investors in January here in New Jersey. So far, I've been going to their monthly meetings, but know that I have to do much more than that, such as attending open houses and reaching a goal of looking at least 100 properties (one-family homes), before getting my feet wet and making offers. I'm not ready for condos or apartments yet because I remember my father's and grandfather's mostly negative experiences as landlords. Although the tenants weren't bad overall, a few of them wanted things like lightbulbs changed and clogged toilets fixed immediately. Sheesh!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat May 21, 2005 5:32 pm

That's great webwriter. Maybe we can swap some real estate info from opposite ends of the US. That may be the focus of the next Web venture. I've got ideas churning but they haven't landed yet.

I shutter to think of my landlord experience when the roof practically blew off my rental during a storm. I was on top of the roof in pooring rain in the middle of the night. What was I thinking?
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun May 22, 2005 4:04 am

Great! I like the idea of a website and would be very willing to help set one up, beginning with a domain name. There would be information and a message board, along with ads. You could advertise your services, for example. I could help by sharing information that I learned at the meetings and spreading the word about the website at those MREI meetings and in its newsletter. Perhaps the richdad.com site would be interested as well, since they are big promoters of real estate investing. My intuition tells me that there is a bunch of money to be made, a passive income, if you will.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sun May 22, 2005 10:11 pm

That sounds exciting. I'm game to do whatever I can. I can build a site and get hosting to start. It could offer any number of opportunities for anyone involved. I'm looking to get into more joint ventures, where a group effort can be leveredged to build more opportunities, AND passive income.

Feel free to PM me with your thoughts, or share them here.

I'm trying to rest and keep from working, while I'm recuperating from being ill, but I'm already making plans. Resting isn't all that easy. :-)
~-~-~-~-~

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon May 23, 2005 6:14 pm

I agree, and think that coming up with a good domain name will be the biggest challenge. I've brainstormed a few and don't care for any of them so far. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Wed May 25, 2005 6:41 pm

I looked at few names too, as I was searching for one for my personal real estate site, but didn't see any that got to me. I have an account with a registrar and manage several domain names. I realized that I have 15 of my own. LOL. Some are parked and I need to get them out there and do something with them.
~-~-~-~-~

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Thu May 26, 2005 6:02 pm

Same here, <sigh>. I've all but forgotten the ratracerefuge site and a yet-to-be-published writing site and you think that I would stop at that point. But no. Just a day ago, I went over to the godaddy.com site and fooled around with more domain names, especially those consisting of a single word, followed by dotcom. I managed to create a few that I really liked for the heck of it and failed to follow through.

louieann34

Re: Took my test

Post by louieann34 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:15 am

Mauveduh wrote:Well, I took my test today and now I just have to wait and see if I passed. I didn't really have a whole lot of confidence going in but I told myself that I would pass. I'm not sure if I obeyed or not. :-) I felt pretty good about it.

I didn't cover all of the topics to study and did a shorthand version of covering the topics. I feel like I knew most of the answers but many questions were ambiguous so it's hard to know for sure. I did have to guess at some. It's anyone's guess and I will just have to wait. I don't want to speculate since I was getting many of the answers incorrect doing the practice questions. Hopefully I learned from it.

I won't know for about a week.
So hows the exam going? I am pretty sure that you passed it right?! Hey CONGRATULATION TO YOU!!! ~!@

Wise Choice Living

MagicOPromotion

Took my test

Post by MagicOPromotion » Wed May 27, 2009 3:40 am

Hello

Thank you for the insgiht yes I never thought that maybe it does mean something for others. The one doing the test on me today was like a aww of my reslults and was stunned I was oh I slipped some. LOL. Maybe its a form of validations of there being something else in the human brain not explored.

Lynn

Mr007

Post by Mr007 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:38 pm

didn't cover all of the topics to study

vikiviki

Post by vikiviki » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:16 pm

why some answers are so off the topic?
+_)

touch144bk

Post by touch144bk » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:01 pm

thanks for letting us know.