I'm back-beaten and battered

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:58 pm

And unlike actors, who only play one character, writers get to play them ALL!! ~!@
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:19 pm

Yep, that's for sure! A little bit of our personality goes into each character, which isn't such a bad thing.

I'm sure that Chris Rock had a ball in developing his situation comedy, Everybody Hates Chris, which is based on his childhood experiences. He not only had to poke fun at himself in that show, but the rest of his family.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:06 pm

That could be so much fun to poke fun at your family, but it could also be dangerous. They may never speak to you again. I have a friend who wanted to write a book about her family but was afraid that they would read it.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:57 am

Well, probably Chris Rock can get away with stuff because he is a celebrity and for all we know, probably paid everyone in his family in order to avoid lawsuits, LOL!

But I know that my father, especially, is interested in whatever work of mine that is published. In writing fiction, I combine personalities from a variety of people so that no one, including my father, could point to a sentence or paragraph and say, "Ah, HA, that's me in your story!"