sublet stress

What's up? Discuss, confide, laugh, cry....

Moderator: Mauveduh

operagirl

sublet stress

Post by operagirl » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:45 pm

I feel like my head is going to explode. It has been a long time since I have had a headache like this. I was the victim of identity theft, and my bank account was emptied in another country. I only had like 800$ so the bank is saying that it doesn't investigate matters under $1000. I cheque I wrote bounced and now I have to pay it with my rent money. On top of this, I just found out that I have to move, and I found a new place. This would be great, but the person that I sublet from says that he will only give me back my security deposit if I find someone to stay in the apartment from december 1-15... It is a crazy situation and no one is cutting me any slack. I am not on any lease, so there is no legal thing I can do. All I can do is whatever these people ask of me, and hope that they don't totally give me the run around. I haven't been able to eat for two days, and I don't sleep. I am on the verge of crying all the time....this sucks.

operagirl

Post by operagirl » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:08 am

Well things have gotten worse. The person I am subletting from is currently in spain. He is now saying that I can't sublet my room for the two weeks to make up for the rent. He is going to keep my security deposit and he is sending me very angry messages. I feel like I want to run away and hide. Well, at least now I have a reason to cry.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:34 pm

operagirl,

Did get your situation resolved? It sounds like a desparate situation and I'm so sorry to hear that you have been victimized like this. Are you in the US? Are you still in your apartment?
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

hanzo

Post by hanzo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:33 pm

Sorry to hear. How does this happen anyways? The bank won't cover anything under $800? Sounds like you need a new bank pronto.

stressandanxiaty

Post by stressandanxiaty » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:16 am

Hi, those sound like classic anxiety/panic symptoms
- reminds me so much of my
own experience. Don't worry - this is a very common affliction and
there's a lot of info out there
for you. I used a technique offered by SelfTherapy.org that was simple
yet wonderfully effective
for me - changed my life. But that's just one approach. In many cases
just plain simple exercise
can release a lot of the built up energy that transforms into anxiety.
Good luck!