Welcome to OZ....Just for the Weekend

Games, Trivia, Jokes, and more...

Moderator: Mauveduh

naynay

Welcome to OZ....Just for the Weekend

Post by naynay » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:25 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, my turn to post a quiz. These questions are multiple choice, fill in the blank, etc. There are ten questions pertaining to the movie, The Wizard of Oz. The questions vary from character's in the movie, to the actors who played the characters.

As Mauveduh has pointed out to me; there are no set rules just yet on these quizzes. I questioned if there should be; however setting guidelines would be difficult because different people get on board at different times. It would be challenging to try and moniter who read the quiz and when was it read.

So with that said, this will be a weekend quiz. Read it, study it, research it, and then post your answers. Let's try for Monday as the deadline, and Tuesday the winner will be announced. Okay? Oh wait...did I mention that the winner also gets a free Stressbank T-shirt? Yep...tis true.

1. While Dorothy's house is spinning upward, she tells Toto they are inside of a

a. Cyclone
b. tornado
c. twister

2. What is Dorothy's last name?

3. How many minutes of the movie are in black and white?
a. 10 min & 30 seconds....OR
b. 17 min. & 30 seconds.

4. Who created Oz?

5. Who is the only Oz character that did not get what they wanted the most?

6. Who falls asleep first in the poppy fields?

7. Billie Burke plays the role of what character?

8. Which farmhand does Ray Bolger play?

9. What color is the river that runs through Munchkinland?

a. Rainbow
b. Yellow
c. Blue

10. Fill in the blank..
"All in good time my ____ all in good time".

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:44 pm

This is a tough one naynay. I was thinking about just guessing and seeing how I did but I don't have a clue how to guess. I may give a go in awhile.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:04 pm

I will take some wild guesses. I don't know these.

1. b
2. Uhhh..... Jones?
3. a
4. Dorothy in her dream
5. Wicked witch of the North
6. Cowardly Lion
7. Beautiful witch of the West
8. ??? Scarecrow
9. Rainbow
10. "my pretty"
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

naynay

Post by naynay » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:10 am

Good try Mauveduh; you got 4 out of 10. If this were a school pop quiz, well..I guess you got an "F". The good news is; this isn't a school test, and you can up your grade. Thanks for playing and try again.

ps..you get an "A" for effort!

birthday

Post by birthday » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:28 am

What were you people doing all weekend? Watching football? I had to come in and take this test. Some good questions Naynay.

Monkeygirl,
You won the last one. Was this too hard for you? I will have to take your title I guess.

Here are my answers.

1. "It's a twister! It's a twister!" but its a cyclone

2. Gale

3. b

4. the Great Wizard

5. Wicked Witch of the West

6. lion

7. Good Witch of the North

8. Hunk

9. blue

10. my pretty and your little dog too

naynay

Post by naynay » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:43 am

Excellent job birthday! 8 out of 10! So far your in the lead. I'm not surprised, as you seem to be a bit of a trivia buff.

Okay people...one more day for this quiz ola! Can you beat birthday?

Monkeygirl

Post by Monkeygirl » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:27 pm

Yes, Birthday. This was too hard for me and I think I must have seen this movie about 50 times. I used to babysit a 2 1/2 year old little girl who insisted on watching it every single day. I still wouldn't be able to do better than 8 out of 10. Way to go Birthday! I think we need a quiz about reality shows. I could kick some serious butt with that.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:30 am

You are the winner, birthday! Congratulations! And you have won a Stress Bank T-shirt.

Wooo Hooo, a new title-holder.

You say it's your birthday..... da da da . Well, it's my birthday too, yeah.....da ta da ta da ta...

It's not really my birthday. I was just singing.
~-~-~-~-~

naynay

Post by naynay » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:37 pm

Good job birthday! I guess some of the questions were hard and not ones that would come off the top of your head...Oz fanatic or not. They sure seem easy when you are writing the questions and have the answers at hand!.

I have a Elvis Trivia quiz ready to go, as well as a general Disney quiz. Is anyone interested? I love the fluffy Disney stuff as Disney has always been a real comfort to me when I am frightened and things are not going well in my life. Pop in a Disney flick and I just feel better, at least for an hour or so. I just get comfort from Disney; I feel safe and happy. I know...what a Cornball! But it doesn't bother me to confess .

Now, if you want something darker and more jaded...I also can pull something out. Sid Vicious...Fatty Arbuckle?...maybe a quiz on Hollywood scandal? Does that interest anyone? Such a quiz would not be easy either, especially if I went back many years. Say during the "golden years" in Hollywood. How about serial killers? You get the drift... I am also a big fan of Mother Goose nursery rhymes.

I would love to hear some suggestions or ideas..if these games interest you of course.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:00 am

WEll, I like all those ideas for quizzes and the dark ones sound like fun. The variety will be good. One week Disney, the other serial killers. Why not?

We will have to round up some more players or there will be a couple of poeple with a whole wardrobe of T-shirts.

I might have some other prizes around.
~-~-~-~-~

hunt

Re: Welcome to OZ....Just for the Weekend

Post by hunt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 pm

I was looking for this information, thanks for the post! :smile: