Only in America

Games, Trivia, Jokes, and more...

Moderator: Mauveduh

naynay

Only in America

Post by naynay » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:17 am

I don't usually pass on these little ditties...but I just love the oxymoran type wonders. I got a kick out of some of these. If it brings a smile then all is well. (the arrows are a bit annoying)

Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the >back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy >cigarettes at the front. > > > > >Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and >a diet coke. > > > > >Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens >to the counters. >! > > > >Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousa nds of dollars in the >driveway and put our useless junk in the garage. > > > > >Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in >packages of eight. > > > > >Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process >so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking >creatures'. > > > > >Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille >lettering. > > > > >EVER WONDER ... > > > > >Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin? > > > > >Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed? > > > > >Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"? > > > > >Why is "abbreviated" such a long word? > > > > >Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"? > > > > >Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and! dishwashing liquid made >with real lemons? > > > > >Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? > > > > >Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour? > > > > >Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food? > > > > >Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes? > > > > >Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections? > > > > >You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't >they make the whole plane out of that stuff?! > > > > >Why don't sheep shrink when it rains? > > > > >Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together? > > > > >If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress? > > > > >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal? > > > >

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:12 am

LOL, so true. I noticed some of these things myself, but never bothered to question or wonder about them. Just goes to show how preoccupied we are with the mundane stuff.

patsycloud

Post by patsycloud » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:09 pm

HAHA!! That is hilarious! Yes it is true, only in America. I love the one where they make sick people walk to the back of the store to get there perscription, and the healthy people get their cigerattes right in front! And were they call them apartment, but they are all stuck together! Haha, that was great, if you think of more, post them!

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:34 am

How about being charged anywhere from 25 to 50 cents just to put air in your car's tires!! I finally found a place with free air.

duko

Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs

Post by duko » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:10 pm

what kind of sport is this? i ve never heard about it and never seen it...
I like - football, tennis, figure skating, extreme sports
Dislike - hockey, basketball, car racing, box and all the rest

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:31 am

And what kind of a reply is that? It's way off topic, spammer lowlife!

joshuawilson

Post by joshuawilson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:14 am

awesome.. i like the cons and pro part...

cisin238rxy

thanks everybody for the useful information

Post by cisin238rxy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 pm

great list i learn lot from this thank you so much for sharing

mimi546lq

Post by mimi546lq » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Only in America?

EllissonWatson

Re: Only in America

Post by EllissonWatson » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:19 am

If you can sharing the list is really very good..