Help me create a game

Games, Trivia, Jokes, and more...

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Help me create a game

Post by Mauveduh » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:46 pm

Webwriter made an interesting suggestion, which was to create a board game having to do with stress. I don’t have any of the details worked out but was wondering what a good approach would be for strategy and content in a game like this.

We would obviously need a goal of some kind to reach.

One way to move along the path to the goal could be to answer questions on cards that are drawn and they could be about how you could handle stressful situations. I thought of one.

You are going to the Oscars. You are all dressed up in your Vera Wang or Armani, dripping in a cool half a million dollars worth of borrowed jewelry. You get out of the limo and proceed to walk down the Red Carpet. You wave to your fans, turning from left to right, using your best wrist-pivot wave. Cameras are flashing and you are sporting your perfected, veneered smile.

You look down and notice that there is a toilet seat cover stuck to your shoe. You notice that people are smirking now and that the Paparazzi are having a field day. You imagine the headlines….
What do you do?

a. Humiliation is all over your face and tears fill your eyes. You go running down the Red Carpet trying to get the hell out of there to hide forever from the career that you will fondly remember.

b. You grab the toilet seat cover and hold it up over your head like an Oscar trying to take control of the situation and face it with brazen bravado.

c. You discreetly wedge it with your other shoe and pry it loose. You kick it to the curb along with your dignity and pretend it never happened.

d. You see an admiring young fan looking longingly at the stars. You grab the seat cover, pull out a pen and scribble your autograph. You go over to the kid, presenting it like a medal and say, “Here’s a souvenir for you. You can pass it along to your kids someday.”

Maybe you could get points for each answer or each task that you complete. The number of points may indicate a matching personality profile of how you react to stressful situations? You could also win by getting to the end first. (Probably the psycho ward from too much stress). Haha

OK. This is way too wordy I know. I get carried away but you get the idea. Any ideas on some good things to use in a game like this?
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

naynay

Post by naynay » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:16 am

on the board you could have a marker or square, that when you land on it; you go straight to 72 hr. stay at the phyco ward for evaluation. You must stay there now for maybe 3 turns (lose your turn) while the others carry on, moving ahead of you. Maybe you could have a "go to pycho ward" immediately. Do not pass "deep therapy massage" and "stress free" week. Then you have to answer this question and get it right. It could be a question sort of the same lines as you wrote. This one might be the most common answer, or out of 100 people, the answer most commonly answered. They could be hard, and sort of a guess. You miss, you stay in the ward another round. You stay until you hit the right answer.

Wow...now that was long, and not that clear...just jotting down quick ideas that come to mind. This is certainly worth talking about...I think. Brain storm and pick up ideas from others.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:41 am

Oh, I think you are on a good track. I like it.

If they get too stressed, we could always have the resident psychiatrist, Dr. Jung prescribe some Xanex. If they get sent to the psychiatrist too many times, then they will have to go to the Betty Ford Clinic for treatment. Haha.

Whether these ideas are too far out there or not, it is important to just let your mind go there and write down all the ideas when you brainstorm. That's where you may find the best ones.

I wonder if we will be PC if we send people to the psycho ward. I like it though. They could also get stress relief with massage or aroma therape, a workout at the gym. That could decrease their stress points to keep them out of the ward. It could be based on a balance of points that you accumulate and it would relate to stress levels.

Keep going naynay. You are the game queen. I need your help on this one.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

naynay

Post by naynay » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:33 am

sometimes the more "out there" or carried away you get when brainstorming; the more you pump those creative juices. I even thought that a player always takes the risk of completely losing the game, and out they go. In otherwords, their stress is not allowing them to focus and play well...which goes to show that they are indeed to stressed for the week or for this game. Others might focus on winning and opening their minds and their options so that beat that damm stress. It can all relate to the realities that we face each day, and the enormous amount of stress one can build....however the key is to beat the stress, overcome the hardships, think and train our minds to function with a positive force, and therefore not letting negative weight pull us down.

This game could be more therapuetic, focusing on keeping a healthy mind and body. I suppose there could be the risk of sending one "over the edge," as well. Wouldn't want to be responsible for that!! You'd get sued.
Read the headlines...Players got so stressed trying to beat the stress game that they......??

Okay...I can get way out there too. I still think it is an excellent idea, and something that would appeal to the X generation and their contemporary issues of today. Viewing it in that light, it is worth laying out a board plan.

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:41 am

You also need a way for players to move around on the board, such as dice or a spinner. Maybe you can also develop different cardboard or paper markers, such as pictures of brains, psychiatrists, nursing homes, smiley faces, praying hands, psychiatrists' couches, eyeglasses, brain waves .... you get the idea. :-D

And the psycho ward might be a good obstacle, setback or punishment. On the other hand, it might become players' goals to escape from a psycho ward, or something like that, and reach nirvana or the country or a confidant's home or some other worthwhile goal. Maybe they could win points by staying calm and sane or outwitting or bribing their captors or answering silly questions with sillier answers. The villains could be the nurses, other patients, psychiatrists, groundskeepers, therapists, dietitians. Other obstacles could be broken bridges or cars, mudslides, thunderstorms, snow storms, broken red lights, hidden cameras, twisted ankles, counterfeit money, no getaway vehicle, lost medication, wrong medication, headaches, double vision, lost hearing aids, Tourette's Syndrome, the works.

Hope some of this mad brainstorming helps.

nother game

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:09 pm

You should have a game on this website with a whole bunch of different faces which are like emotions with what you feel under it. Every time someone logs on they have to click how they are feeling that day. and then everyone could look at how people are feeling and respond to it if they would like.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:09 pm

You know, that's an interesting idea. I like it. I will have to think about how to do that. Thanks, guest.
~-~-~-~-~

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:44 am

That idea sounds good to me. There would be no holding back, unless someone chooses to lie, but that would be a waste of time. It takes time and effort to think of a good lie. Anyway, such an idea would get everyone involved quickly and hassle-free.

nother game

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:58 am

It would be hard to do but it would be cool after it is up and running.

Nephew

Post by Nephew » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am

You might be able to do it with the emoticons. You will need somemore though.

jeecl978yrv

yeah everybody's are right.thank you.

Post by jeecl978yrv » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 pm

i will definitely follow. everyone is moving forward.

mon779vb

Post by mon779vb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:54 am

great idea

EllissonWatson

Re: Help me create a game

Post by EllissonWatson » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:37 pm

The villains could be the nurses, other patients, psychiatrists, groundskeepers, therapists, dietitians. Other obstacles could be broken bridges or cars and mudslides.

elliser

Post by elliser » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:31 am

good, such an idea would get everyone involved quickly and hassle-free.

Aaradhya

Post by Aaradhya » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:34 am

Good and Awesome I am happy to join this community very informative thank you for sharing get knowledge