Artwork

Share your art. Songs, poetry, stories, pics.

Moderator: Mauveduh

crafty

Artwork

Post by crafty » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:44 pm

I just checked out the album link for the first time, The pictures are great, I particularly liked the still life. Wish I could create something like that, but no talent. :(

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:51 pm

I'm glad you browsed the Gallery, crafty. I think I need to change the name. It says album.

Those are the paintings of our newest member, John Newell. You can leave comments by clicking below each thumbnail image. That will also take you to the description of the piece.

These personal albums or galleries are available to everyone here. Please feel free to take advantage of these and post your own collection of pictures of whatever your enjoy or want to showcase.

Don't underestimate yourself crafty. We all have individual talents and by your name, I have a feeling that you have some crafts that you just haven't shared.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

jondyri

Painting feedback

Post by jondyri » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:34 pm

It's kind of interesting to see what people are clicking on. When we posted the paintings, I sort of thought the landscapes would be most popular. If not that, then the butterfly. I wasn't expecting much from the still life. The Ascent of Woman was an after-thought that started as a doodle and kind of crawled out of me. When it was finished in '85, I put it aside and forgot about it because I wasn't happy with it. A couple of months ago, I picked it up and saw instantly why I was never happy with it and decided to "fix" it while I finished the Let It Be painting. Surprise, surprise, it's the most clicked on one by almost double. What's most interesting is that of all of them, it is the only one there that had no outside reference material used in its creation. It is a totally "spiritual" work. I completed two more paintings over Christmas. They are very large and very different from each other. I'm working on another one that is different again from all the others I've ever done. I e-mail that when it's finished. It's a landscape, but not like any landscape you've seen before.

digitalKat

Post by digitalKat » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:24 pm

That is interesting that the one with the least realism drew the interest, which says alot. Sometimes work can be so far removed from understanding that people can't relate and just turn away.

That may be success to some artists who are creating "high art" that is so high that it is stretching the boundaries and may redefine art as we know it. The thing is, there is usually not much success during their lifetime or in commercial endeavors. Someone has to "get you" before they can buy into what you are saying.

Aada

Post by Aada » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:23 am

You have to believe your own skills, good luck to you :grin:

mon847un

Post by mon847un » Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 am

so true