Not my art...someone else's

Share your art. Songs, poetry, stories, pics.

Moderator: Mauveduh

naynay

Not my art...someone else's

Post by naynay » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:31 am

I wanted to share with you all a book that I just finished reading. It was written by Danielle Steel. Now Danielle Steel's work might not be your "type or style" if you will, of novels you prefer to read. In case you are not familiar with her books; she has written well over fifty books (the ones I know of) and has made a very successful career and life doing what she loves...writing.

While I enjoy her books, I don't sit and wait for the next one to hit the shelves. Her work is not something you have to look hard for; in fact her books are everywhere! If not on the best-seller rack, there are usually several of them displayed somewhere. She is very popular and I can understand why. I myself will grab the latest publication whenever I see it, and it seems I always have one in tow with every vacation I take. Her stories are easy to read, easy to follow and easy to escape by. I am an avid reader of all interests, but I love a good tale about human emotion. I can always count on Danielle's stories to entertain me.

The book I just finished is much different than Danielle Steel's other books. It has been out for a few years, but I just finally got around to finding it. (this one I ordered thru a local bookstore) This book is called "His Bright Light," the story of Nick Traina. When I said this one is different I mean different because this is a true story of the life and death of Nick Traina... Danielle's son.

It is a true story of pain, courage and love. It is a powerful and personal story about her son who committed suicide at a young age. (19 I beleive) Nick suffered from manic-depression disorder, and bipolar disease.

It's a story of a beautiful young boy with a brilliant mind, a huge golden heart, and a tortured soul. The book tells brave truths about a masked killer, a mental illness that effects millions of people, but is carefully discussed (if ever) and even more difficult to treat.

I got completely involved in the entire tragedy, yet enourmous love and strength of a mother who lived and battled through the nightmare and never once gave up. The book was written in honor of her son; the gifts he gave her and the love they shared.

After I had finished this bittersweet story, I thought a lot about Nick Traina. I found myself wondering through websites dedicated to him and the foundation for manic-depression that has been set up since his death. I really wished that I had known Nick. He left this life, but he left many lessons behind. Without doubt Nick touched many people.

If your looking for a good book (I know I always am) give this one a try.

cc: Danielle Steel

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:56 pm

This does sound interesting. I know a woman who watched her son lose his grasp on his reality and sink into mental illness at 15. Before that he seemed to be a normal kid.

What an intense loss to see your child slipping away before your eyes, yet they are still there physically and you can't reach them. What a powerless and frustrating feeling. It would take intense strength to deal with that situation.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

naynay

Post by naynay » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:23 pm

It has to be so hard to watch them struggle with their demons. This kid was by nature a very upbeat, happy and creative kid, who loved to love.
His depression would get so bad that he was incapable of getting out of bed for weeks. However, then he would pop back in to his old self and you would never dream he had a problem.

The good was SO good, and the bad was HORRID.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:43 pm

And the author replies to naynay here:

http://www.stressbank.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=309\
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

WalterKic

Not my art someone elses

Post by WalterKic » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:54 pm

I read those, film has a future it will be a niche product but I do not see it going away completly.Jim
Essay help you need! High-quality essays only!