Between a rock and Hard Place

Share your art. Songs, poetry, stories, pics.

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Between a rock and Hard Place

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:54 pm

Have you been in the Gallery lately? We have several new paintings by crafty that are painted on rocks. They are very impressive. Take a look.

http://www.stressbank.com/forum/album_p ... user_id=11

Don't forget to click on the picture for a larger view.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:55 am

Very impressive! The flower basket, bulldog, and turtle are my favorites.

Monkeygirl

Post by Monkeygirl » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:55 pm

Those are so amazing. If you ever decide to sell them, Crafty, be sure to let us all know. I got first dibs on the Tiger. ~!@

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:17 am

I would definitely consider the flower basket. I think that would make a great gift.

crafty

Post by crafty » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:34 pm

Thank you webwriter and monkey girl for your kind words. So far I haven't decided whether to sell them or not. I am getting so many rocks that I have painted that I am going to have to get a bigger house to put them in. I think I am obsessed, every time I see a picture that I like, I want to paint it. I am changing my style a little now for my animals. It is so hard to find exactly the right shape rock for each animal, that now I'm painting a doe and fawn on a large rock with foliage, trees and flowers. I really like the looks of it and I don't have to have an exact shape.
One thing about selling rocks is the weight. My cougar weighs 47lbs. the tiger is 17 lbs. and the one I am working on is 40lbs. shipping might be a problem.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:57 pm

Well, crafty. Shipping is only a problem for those concerned with the cost. LOL. If they want it bad enough they will pay for shipping.

Unfortunately, it comes down to money, doesn't it? Such is life. :wink:

BTW, that 47 pound cougar is my favorite. Wouldn't cha know. Sounds like a great obsession to have. Keep it up.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:19 am

Very unique too. Might be a great start for a campaign to save the environment.

jondy

Post by jondy » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:39 am

I think those are the nicest rock paintings I've seen. You're doing great work crafty.