Pickering Artfest

Share your art. Songs, poetry, stories, pics.

Moderator: Mauveduh

Pickering Artfest

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:58 pm

Just in case there are any members of this board who live close enough, I'm posting this invitation to our community art show.

Okay, so this is my first art show in over 25 years. I hope you can make it. There will be over 50 other exhibtors there, so if you can't bring yourself to buy one of my paintings, you might find something you like that someone else has done. Even if you don't find anything you absolutely have to have, you will still have an interesting time and the facilities are good for entire families. If it rains, most of my work is waterproof, so I'll still be there.

Directions to Alex Robertson Park and Pickering Artfest – Saturday, June 5th,

If you are coming from west of Pickering:

Hwy. 401 East to Whites Road exit. Turn right (south) off the ramp onto Whites Road. Make the first left (east) onto Bayley St. Continue along Bayley St., a long way, until you reach the second long block past Liverpool Rd. You will pass the GO Station on your left as you pass Liverpool. Turn right onto Sandy Beach Rd. (There is a small strip plaza on the south west corner) and drive south until you reach the parking lot on the right side of the street. It’s the last driveway before you end up in the Pickering Nuclear plant. You definitely don’t want to wind up in there.

If you are coming from east of Pickering:

Hwy. 401 West to Brock ROAD (NOT Brock STREET which is in Whitby). Get off at the Brock exit and turn left (south). Turn right at the first traffic lights. That’s Bayley St. Continue along until you reach Sandy Beach Rd. (There is a small strip plaza on the southwest corner.) Turn left and drive south down the street until you reach the parking lot on the right side of the street. It’s the last driveway before you end up in the Pickering Nuclear plant. You definitely don’t want to wind up in there.

There is plenty of shade in the park but no picnic benches or seating so bring chairs if you plan to sit down and relax. The park has a walking path and connects to another park at the bottom of Liverpool Rd. There are usually vendors there and of course there is a beach and a pretty good restaurant if you can get into it. The Pickering Yacht Club and Marina are there as well, so there is lots to walk around and look at besides the art. It should be a refreshing day.

See you there. Bring your own snacks in the car as there are no retail facilities in the immediate area unless you walk over to Liverpool Rd along the beach and the boardwalk.

Monkeygirl

Post by Monkeygirl » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:10 pm

Sounds like fun, but what state is it in?

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:16 pm

It's in a state of euphoria in Ontario, Canada. Sorry, I forgot to mention that part. Some boards have so many members who are from near where I live, I just thought I'd post it here even though most of you seem to be on or near the west coast.