More Things You Didn't Realize Were Art

Share your art. Songs, poetry, stories, pics.

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

More Things You Didn't Realize Were Art

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:46 pm

Art is everywhere. Let's see yours.

In April, London's National Portrait Gallery showed an hour-long video of star soccer player David Beckham, sleeping; artist Sam Taylor-Wood said she wanted to do an original of the ubiquitously photographed Beckham and realized there was not much that hadn't already been done.

And at a March exhibit at London's Nelson's Column, guest performers took turns reading Japanese artist On Kawara's book that consists only of 271,000 selected dates that occurred between 998,031 B.C. and A.D. 1,001,980. (Said a gallery director, "On Kawara's work speaks simply and directly about a subject relevant to us all, the passage and marking of time.") [Associated Press, 4-26-04] [BBC News, 3-29-04]

Not only does San Francisco's Solid Waste Transfer and Recycling Center (i.e., the city dump) have an "artist in residence," but sculptor Rick Carpenter is actually the 43rd person to hold that position, according to an April San Francisco Chronicle report. Carpenter said his specialty is discarded bulk items, citing, for example, the weaving he made from 40 orange extension cords, and his latest, an object stuffed with the contents of a 5-gallon bucket of wigs someone tossed. [San Francisco Chronicle, 4-22-04]
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:53 am

The concept that art is everywhere was most apparent to me during a photography course. I took photos of things such as picket fences and shadows, tree trunk and plant close-ups. And after I develped those photos, I was able to appreciate texture and other details of common objects, such as an open trash can! And in drawing class, I spent hours arranging and rearranging pebbles, plants, bottles, fruits, vegetables, glasses into aesthetically-pleasing still-lifes before attempting to draw them.

windows301iv

thanks for all the advices and yes content is the

Post by windows301iv » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:35 pm

its good to gone through your post.......i am new to this field and i am in a learning phase.