creativity

Share your art. Songs, poetry, stories, pics.

Moderator: Mauveduh

CHICAGOMAN68

creativity

Post by CHICAGOMAN68 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:22 am

WHO IS TO REALLY SAY WHAT IS CREATIVITY WHAT MAYBE CREEATIVE IN ONE PERSONS MIND MIGHT BE ENTIRELY GARBAGE IN SOMEONE ELSES POINT OF VIEW? IF YOU PONDER THIS STATMENT ARE YOU BEING CREATIVE? OR is it maybe just a lack of creativtiy that you come to see what someone else has posted about being creative to get your creative juices flowing again? So is this being creative or just no creative to stair your creative juices flowing? so in fact it must or must not be too creative!! but you have to admit no other posts have you ever seen posted like this one in your LIFFE BOY HOW CREATIVE THIS IS THEN AN ORIGINAL ONE OF A KIND POST

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:24 am

I suppose how you ponder the statements in this post determines whether you are being creative or not. I would think that creativity has to do with thinking out of the box or taking an alternative approach, varying from the norm to be experimental and possibly find a new use for.

But the mere fact that this post is a one of a kind post doesn't necessarily make it a creative post, just as an object isn't necessarily art, merely because it exists. It would depend on the intent and the special importance that it is given by the artist to convey a state of being to the viewer and the success of that as a whole, among other things.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...... until someone changes my mind.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:27 pm

As you should! A creative person has a natural or developed knack for seeing things a little differently than others do and expresses that knack in songs, stories, toys, and countless other items! One of the books I bought today, for example, helps readers to use their creativity in developing ads.

CHICAGOMAN68

but really

Post by CHICAGOMAN68 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:44 pm

Ok but who is to say what is creative as with art its all in the eye of the beholder and its subjected to each individuals interpretation so i say the post in one or more perspectives is creative one point please and one more for this comment

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:15 pm

I'll give you a point and here it is.

You are right about art being in the eye of the beholder and we could certainly say that everything is art. We can also call a carboard box a home. But we have to create some guidelines in our attempt to define the concept of art so we can talk about it, enjoy it as such and attempt to interpret the intent and general message that it brings.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

CHICAGOMAN68

HEY SPEAKING OF ART

Post by CHICAGOMAN68 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:00 pm

WELL I AGREEE WITH YOU BUT HEY I KNOW THEIR IS A CARDBOARD COMMUNITY OF BOX HOUSES AND THAT IS A THING IN ITS OWN YET SAD BUT VERY TRUE. Secondly Some MIGHT EVEN SAY I AM A PIECE OF ART!! OR MAYBE THAT I AM REALLY SOME KIND OF WORK !! YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN ?

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:14 am

LOL, like who or what, for example? Give us something to visualize!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:54 am

Yeah, tell us more. What kind of work of art are you and what is your intent with your art? What message would you like us to interpret so we can see how successful the work has been in conveying it?
~-~-~-~-~