Monarch Gone

Share your art. Songs, poetry, stories, pics.

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Monarch Gone

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:47 am

Another new painting by John Newell has been posted in the Gallery. This painting has a controversial story behind it but you will have to wait to here more.

I couldn't resist writing about this one.

A dramatic cry from the meek is heard screaming silently, felt in the tension of this dark depiction of a subject matter usually associated with colorful light and free-flying freedom. The Monarch is the symbol of power within the butterfly world, yet it is no match for commercial enterprise as the rumbling machinery ascends on the horizon to muffle a silent plea. Glasses are raised to the sky to toast the first groundbreaking as soil raises a cloud of dust that settles as a veiled blanket atop the once vibrant hues of burnt orange and rich, peacock black. "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:42 pm

I gasped as the painting was revealed. The dark, bleak background is a stark contrast to the Monarch butterflies, and conveys a mood of sadness not only for those butterflies, but for all animals everywhere. We're intruding on the homes of bears, deer and squirrels and other wildlife, especially here in New Jersey and placing ugly strip malls and McMansions in their places. All of this is so tragic!

And you know what? The politicians will turn around and blame people for the lack of wildlife. I'd like to say that the politicians and their money and bribes have played a huge role in ruining our environment. They could care less about people. The only thing they care about is ruining the environment. What will happen when there is nothing but a dry, bleak desert with no water, no food, no animals, no life anywhere. Will the politicians be happy then? Knowing them, I think they will, because by that time, they will have found another earthlike planet to invade. They killed the golden goose.

xiangfane705

Post by xiangfane705 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:03 pm

cool

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Re: Monarch Gone

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:58 am

Updated
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain