Stressed Skin? Here's a Tip.

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Stressed Skin? Here's a Tip.

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:43 am

Your eyes may be the windows to your soul but your skin is the wall that frames it.

You can putty those walls and paint them all you want but if the walls are distressed, the paint won’t cover it. How do you like my analogy? Haha.

The ravages of winter has taken its toll on our skin with cold weather, drying winds and elevated usage of heating systems. Whether you are flying down those ski slopes or sitting in your toasty living room, you need to revive your stressed skin for spring.

The key word is EXFOLIATE!

This process improves the appearance of the skin by sluffing away dead cells and stimulating the skin.

It also boosts circulation and increases lymphatic processes, allowing the skin to function at its best.

I found this by accident, when I was a teenager. I noticed how my face would glow and look its best right after I washed it. Then soon after, it would start to revert back to its previous state, passable, but not that freshly-washed-healthy-glow state.

That was the thing that I focused on and I found myself washing my face all the time. As time went on, I found other ways to keep up with the process and they always involved exfoliation. I found that it was a key concept in skin care circles that was touted by the experts. I have often been complimented on my skin, though I have spent my life on the beach and suffered the sun damage that comes with that, so it must have done some good.

You don’t have to spend a lot of time or money. You can use an inexpensive product that agrees with your skin, whether it be a clay mask or a peel off variety. Just make it a routine and after you wash your face, apply a mask for a couple of minutes before you get in the shower. Do this every day, and follow up with a toner before applying moisturizer and that’s it! You WILL see a difference. :)
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:28 am

Sounds good to me! I've experienced the same problem with my skin after washing my face. As soon as I get some time, I am going to see what is available at the supermarket and drugstore. Thanks for the tip!!

naynay

Post by naynay » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:58 pm

Years ago I workded as a cosmetician. In all my training we learned about sluffing off that dead skin and exfoliating regularly. If you have dry and sensitive skin, be careful about doing this daily. You don't want to look like one big face rash.

Well, I learned about all the products that were precisely for this treatment of sluffing. However, this one woman came to the cosmetic counter almost daily. She had the most incredible skin I have every seen in my life. I use to admire her and her skin beauty, especially from a distance. One day I finally asked her what she used. Of course we think we will look like "them" if we use what they use...not. Still, I was really curious as to her beauty regime.

She told me that from 16 yrs old and on, (she was approx 35-40) was to take table salt (yep, mortons) and mix it with pond's beauty creme. She wasn't even aware for years that the salt was working as an abrasion. She just did what her mom told her to do. I think from that continuous sluffing, she keep the dead skin cells off, and was continuously rejuvinating and massaging her skin with the salt. Wow..save your money on the expensive stuff.!!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:23 pm

Wow, salt. I never thought of that one. I'm sure it did exfiliate her skin. I did use egg whites for awhile when I was experimenting with the home made stuff. It worked pretty well too.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:20 am

Thanks Naynay and Mauveduh for those helpful tips. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of extra money --- all I will have to do is buy the Ponds.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:53 pm

I was looking at some home remedies for the skin and did see many references to salt as an exfolient. I was surprised to see how many different items that were suggested that you would never think of.

I will compile some of these recipes and post them here. If anyone has any remedies that were passed down from their mother or that they have heard, please share them.
~-~-~-~-~