Stressed Skin Part 3: Home Recipes and Remedies

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:14 pm

Be sure and update us on how it worked for you.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

jondy

Post by jondy » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:27 am

Go to healthtalk.ca and check out what it says there about preventing acne in the first place. Skin problems are a direct result of the type of food you eat. Treating skin problems without treating the cause is like trying to cork a volcano. It might not explode tomorrow or the next day, but it's going to blow at some point. And no, you won't have died of old age before it blows its top. Skin problems are directly related to constipation and systemic blockages from eating red meat, flour products, dairy products and sugar among other things and insufficient vegetable and fruit intake. Skin problems are your very early warning for degenerative disease of all types. What you see on your skin is occuring throughout your body in every organ and cell you possess. Eat your veggies and fruit and you won't need acne cures. Eating your veggies now beats the hell out of chemotherapy, colostomies, limb amputation and white canes don't you think?

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:36 am

Yes it does, Jondy. I love most veggies anyway and eat them regularly. The only veggies I don't care for and won't touch are broccoli and spinach. I think that my dislike for spinach came from memories of my father who opened and heated up canned spinach for my lunch when I was a little girl. Even our cat, who was sitting under the table, didn't eat it, so I wound up spooning gobs of the stuff in my mouth and spitting them out in the toilet. LOL.

jondy

Post by jondy » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:36 am

That's what I did with kidney beans. I detest them to this day. But if I were you, I'd learn to like brocolli. It is one of the most important, health restorative, protective vegetables you can eat. Use natural yogurt (no sugar or fruit) as a dip and even if you don't like either, the combination is pretty good. Brocolli has been shown to protect against breast cancer and since both men and women can contract breast cancer, it is important that the whole family eat it regularly. Also, buy organic brocolli and cauliflower, not stuff with pesticides all over it. You can't was the pesticides off once its been applied.

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:12 pm

I love cauliflower and would eat more of it if I knew how to prepare it properly. That was one of the veggies we were served at home, along with carrots, lettuce, potatoes, turnips, tomatoes, stringbeans, peas and cucumbers, all of which I loved and still love. I wasn't crazy about meat except for hamburgers and a little sausage and a little bacon. I also ate flounder and tuna fish. No wonder why I used to drive my mom crazy when it came to meals!

I have a hard time eating broccoli, though. My aunt served it about a month ago and I couldn't even touch it, nor could my dad. He didn't eat it when it was served to him at the hospital either. Maybe it was the way that it was cooked.

jondy

Post by jondy » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:54 pm

You're not supposed to cook it. You eat it raw. Cooking it turns it into useless mush. The benefits come when you eat it raw. That is the way it is with most vegetables. Some are improved by cooking, but while some aspects are improved, other benefits are lost. Enzymes, particularly are completely destroyed when you heat the veggies over 115F. Enzymes are the living elements or the electricity that helps you digest your food. When you eat cooked food continually, you are enzyme deficient. That means your body has to manufacture enzymes for the digestive process. That takes energy and wastes resources. Consequently, you don't have the energy you should have.

When cauliflower and brocolli are cut into small pieces, you can eat them like popcorn and that is a good way to eat them. They go good while you're reading a good book for instance. They take a while to chew, but aren't messy, so you don't have to take your eyes off the page while you pick them up to eat while reading.

If you have a problem with the taste of raw brocolli, start with very small pieces such as a single tiny floret. Chew that one little bud for all its worth. Then eat another. Keep doing that until you get used to it. It's worth the trouble to aclimatize your self to brocolli because of its profound importance to your health.

There are some other veggies you can't do without - celery, beets, kale, brussel sprouts are some. Make soup stock by boiling the kale. Kale is one of the very best sources of assimilable calcium. That means your body can easily absorb it. Far easier than that from milk for instance. In fact, dairy products have a tight link to osteoporosis. All of the highest dairy consuming countries have the highest incidence of osteoporosis in the world. That's right, milk is actually a cause, not a solution to osteoporosis.

Check out http://www.notmilk.com/

church44

Brilliant

Post by church44 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:11 pm

I love it do you not?:I:I

jcoco588atb

Post by jcoco588atb » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:38 am

Amazing list of home remedies.