The Price is Right Beauty Tips

Moderator: Mauveduh

naynay

The Price is Right Beauty Tips

Post by naynay » Thu May 27, 2004 2:55 am

I came across some beauty tips, or secrets if you will, that seem to work; and the best part is they are natural and they don't cost an arm and a leg.

I found these in a magazine article and I have used most of them at one time or another. In fact, many years ago I was a cosmetican who would do demostrations and make-over for customers, (which I loved) and then I was to try and sell them the expensive products. (which I hated)

My point is that I would often recommend inexpensive alternatives, most often homemade tips and tricks. Well, this was a "no no" at my cosmetic counter; as my boss made it perfectly clear that I was to promote and push a sale for whatever line of cosmetics were featured at the time...NOT offer the customer something cheaper and better! I could understand his point, but my customers appreciated the tips and I believe came back even more. (of course they wouldn't buy anything....why do that when you can whip it up at home.!!)

I was so excited to see these as I had forgotten them.

1. Age spots- They can't be rubbed away (surgically perhaps) but they can be faded significantly by massaging them with Vitamin K. You can find it a health food stores in oil form.

2. I'm sure most of you know this...but exfoliation is the key to shedding years. Of course chemical peels and lazer treatments will do the trick quite effectivly,...but its not cheap. Listen to this....Most all of the expensive antiaging creams contain vitamin C. As youngsters the cells in our face are round and plump; but as we age those cells start breaking down becoming more and more flat, loosing collagen. The result of this is wrinkles, loose and aging skin. Vitamin C will help prevent and minimize those wrinkles by boosting the collagen. Those flat cells can be plumped back up to a more firmer and rounder cell. (okay..surgury can really fix the problem, but again...cost's big bucks and has risks)
Whew!! Okay her is something to try and I believe it really helps. You go to a drugstore (probably health store) and you buy Ester-C powder. Take it home and pour a small amount into your palm and then add a small amount of your cleanser and mix. You will have a superpowered exfoliant and wrinkle reducer at a very low price!

3. Use adhesive tape (pharmacy) over the eyebrow furros at night. It will help train the eye muscles to stay relaxed and prevent more deep furrows and wrinkling. (Botox paralyzes those muscles but it costs) Apply the adhesive in an "X" between the eyes.

I have a few more, but I am fading out fast right now. I will post them Firday or Mony Plus this way you have some fun tips and tricks to read about tommorrow!! Night Night!!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Thu May 27, 2004 11:40 pm

Wow, naynay. These are great. I can hardly wait to hear the rest!

Be careful with that tape. I tried that once and the tape took my skin off and I had to wait for it to heal to look normal. Haha.

I have that ultra sensitive skin so I have to watch what I use. Actually I still think it's a great idea and I doubt if many others would have that happen. If you just add a slight bit of moisturizer and let it soak in first, I'm sure you wouldn't have that problem.

I'm glad I didn't put the tape in an X shape. I really would have looked funny while it healed.

Oh, did I say that used scotch tape? LOL That stuff really sticks!
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

naynay

Post by naynay » Fri May 28, 2004 12:19 am

ouuch..not scotch tape, its that shipping tape that you have to lick the back, or damp sponge will do...you know the tape that has strong threads running across and up and down!! Yep, that stuff not only will take the wrinkles....oh ya, it takes the entire 3 layers of skin, and once you heal without an infection....walla!! no face...and better yet......no wrinkles!!

okay...JUST KIDDING..mauveduh should I post a disclaimer!! Please do not use scotch or strapping tape for your wrinkled neck and face!!

Okay here are a couple more of these fun and fine beauty tips!! (from where I left off last night)

4. As we age and develop lines around our eyes and especially eyelids that start to crease. If ya have that problem then you already know what happens when you put eye shadow on. In know time the powder is caked in the crease of your eyelid. Next time you use a powder shadow, add a dab of petroleum jelly to the powdered shadow and you will see a much younger and youthful look. Sounds strange? ...who cares? It won't hurt you and I think you will agree it definately adds a softer touch. We MUST keep our make-up a bit lighter as we age.

4a. Actually on that same note; I am sure you have all seen an older, wrinkled woman whose lipstick (usually the obvious RED) has spread and bled into the lines around her mouth. That Betty Davis look is out baby...
you can get a lip sealer in the form of a lipstick. If you have those lines, especially deep ones around your mouth, then use that sealer first and your lipstick will not bleed all over your mouth.

5. Okay here is one of my personal favorites!! This is great for uneven skin tone or discoloration in your skin. I have certainly noticed my uneven colored face these days. Before you put your make-up on, or it can be at night as well...take 3 aspirins and mash them up. Add half a teaspoon of lemon juiceand half a teaspoon of water. Pat the mixture all over your face and let it set for two to three minutes.
After Rinsing, your skin will appear much lighter, brighter and even skin tone. It is an invigorating experience.

Okay gotta go... I will post some more tommorrow if these are of interest to anyone out there. I suggest men and women both try these simple homemade natural beauty remedies.

Don't try one and then look in the mirror and expect some kind of age reversal miracle. You must keep up the process before you can see major differences. Others make significant changes immediately. Just enjoy pampering your face as you try to make peace and acceptance of your face as it is. We aren't able to reverse the aging process; and even though some think that they can buy back their youth with cosmetic surgury, it still doesn't change your age. I would love the results of sugury, without actually having to be cut!! Duh...who doesn't!
Our changing and aging faces are testimonials of a life that has lived. It is very hard to accept aging with grace, believe me I know....that's why I love these little home remedies. Many work just as well, if not better than the manufactured, chemical laden products out on the market.

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Fri May 28, 2004 4:16 am

All great tips, I must say. And your tip about the lipstick reminds me of my mom, who used a bright red color for some reason, and simply applied it. It didn't look good on her or contrast naturally with her fair complexion. I rarely wear lipstick, but when I do, I use a dull, dark red --- not fire engine red by any means! LOL. I admired Bette Davis's talents but not her looks.

naynay

Post by naynay » Fri May 28, 2004 2:40 pm

Boy webwriter...I swear we had the same mom!! My mom used Revelon, "Fire Engine Red"....all of my life, and most of hers I am sure.

I have some more I will send later. Honestly, these work as good as any thing I have used or spent a fortune on.

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Fri May 28, 2004 3:34 pm

LOL, that's what it sounds like! In addition to that god-awful fire-engine red lipstick, my mom also pat some rouge on her cheeks. Thankfully, she did not go overboard!

I, on the other hand, am quite her opposite. For one thing, I am not fond of makeup. The only time I needed it was to cover up a scratch on my nose, a long red streak, compliments of one of my cats who ran on my face in bed in order to jump off at the other end and chase one of the other cats. I was really shocked at how much my nose bled in spite of my attempts to staunch the flow with toilet paper soaked in cold water. Since I had to leave the house early that morning, I put some ointment on the wound, enough to hide it somewhat, but not to look obvious. When the scratch still showed, I put some Cover Girl make up on it and it looked much better. I would never use powder because it looks too obvious and does nothing to hide such a mark.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Fri May 28, 2004 9:17 pm

I could hardly wait to get old enough to wear makeup. It was fun trying different things and I could really change my look by what I did. It was like painting, though I didn't wear it so it looked like I had alot on.

I don't bother with it as much now but use a little. Some days I need it more than others and those days I am glad it's there.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat May 29, 2004 5:35 am

That's all good.

My high school math teacher used to call all make-up "war paint." LOL.

PuritySalon

Post by PuritySalon » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Exfoliation is the key to shedding years. Of course chemical peels and laser treatments will do the trick quite effectively,...but its not cheap, still I would suggest go for natural methods instead.

Danielkevin

Beauty is essential for every one

Post by Danielkevin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Beauty is one of the most important factors which affect your personality and confidence.Make yourself look attractive, no matter what your age .

StarSinger

Post by StarSinger » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 am

I have got a lot more to learn about beauty tips. These tips are very useful to me.
Student Internships gain experience with a China Study Abroad programme.

jainnipun

Re: The Price is Right Beauty Tips

Post by jainnipun » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Be careful with that tape.......

SumitaSofat

Re: The Price is Right Beauty Tips

Post by SumitaSofat » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:55 am

Vitamin E is helpful in making the skin healthier and youthful looking.
Wrinkles are likely caused by stress and lack of skin care, it is best to know how to reduce stress by stress reduction technique like yoga. Also keep the skin hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and eating fresh fruits and vegetables. try to quit smoking and alcohol drinking for the can dehydrate the skin and can cause dry skin and wrinkles.