Spotting a liar

From computers to cooking, share the knowledge.

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Spotting a liar

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:15 pm

Wondering how to tell if someone is telling the truth? One way is to watch their body language.

One clue that someone is not being truthful is when their gaze points down and to the right. Sometimes variations on this movement are evident when they are trying to maintain eye contact but their head may still make the movement in the same direction.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

naynay

Post by naynay » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:23 am

I haven't heard this particular one before and I can't wait to test it out. Is it the liar's right, which would be your left if your watching them face? Yea, must be.
Besides the obvious sweaty palms, rapid blinking, inablility to make eye contact..are symptoms of a liar, yet certainly non-liars can have the same traits.

Where or who came up with this fact Mauveduh? I assume someone did research, study clinics etc. Now I can't wait to test this theory..as for liars go...my family has some of the best!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:18 pm

Gosh, now I forgot my source. I saw it on tv, and their was some research behind it.

I've heard of other research on this and I'm sure the criminal justice department has knowledge of some of these techniques. I remember hearing about it during the OJ trial when I saw some clips analyzing his reactions.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

jnessinger

Post by jnessinger » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:49 am

I DISAGREE no pun intended but what if its a shy man talking to a woman and lets just say she is well endowed in a matter of speaking , and if he looks up at her well anyways you get the point

jnessinger

Post by jnessinger » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:50 am

also what if it was a long night at the bar for the subject and he or she just cant keep their head up from all that drinking or uhmm spirts :)

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:45 pm

Well, I suppose there are exceptions. I think it should only be taken as a clue that one may be lying. I'm not sure that it's written in stone.

Or are you trying to come up with excuses for personal reasons? ;-)
~-~-~-~-~

jnessinger

Post by jnessinger » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:13 am

I see no point in lying ok gotta go i have to call in sick today the white sox are playing LOl , seriously though i ask myself why lie their is no point and your going to get caught in it if you do so i dont not even to spare someones feelings . I was taught if you got nothing nice to say then say nothing at all and looking right at you mauveduh in response to the thing about personnel reason and someone being endowed im really llooking down LOL but me likey LOL OK have a great day of apartment hunting

lwer939sx

Post by lwer939sx » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 pm

really? Lying?

ClinicByChoice

Re: Spotting a liar

Post by ClinicByChoice » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:11 pm

Ignoring eye contact, scratching anywhere on face are sign of lie.