Spending nother day in Hell

What are you doing right now? Hugh?

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Spending nother day in Hell

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:08 pm

I'm starting on my 3rd day of nonstop trouble shooting on a program that isn't working quite right with no solution in sight.

I'm comparing code that looks identical, tweaking and testing, and trying to look for that needle in the haystack to make it behave the way it should.

I'ts a love/hate relationship with a whole lot of hate at this point. pissedoff

vent.....vent......vent.....
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:15 pm

Tell me about it! Having experienced a problem with Windows as well as the frustration of pinpointing and diagnosing the problem, I can relate. Watching my sister's engineer friend trying to solve the problem, I noticed that I was on the right track, but just didn't go far enough. The trouble was, however, that I didn't have the expertise to know what to look for specifically and what to type. He also must have been guessing a few times, because he wound up with the same error message that I did.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:36 pm

I think I should have added computer problems to that stress survey. It seems that many people experience alot of stress from those problems.

I have to laugh now at my stress because it will make it easier to go on and deal with it. I had been working on this problem all night. My neck and shoulders are hurting so bad that I have an ice pack on.

After pouring through thousands of pages on this site, I thought I may have found the correct page to troubleshoot. I was too tired to continue so I left my computer on and the page displayed and fell on the couch to catch some rest for a bit.

I woke up, hit the button on the computer and realized that it was already on (but looked like it was off due to the screensaver). So I accidentally turned it off instead. Ahhhh! Who knows what page it was that I had open since I had been through so many......
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:56 pm

Yikes! I think I would have had a screaming fit if that happened to me. Well, actually I came pretty close when I first began using WordPerfect and managed to delete almost two hours worth of work one night at my sister's computer. (She was "helping" me then, mostly by leaving me alone to chat with her buds on the phone. Some help.) And yeah, I did retype all the way to one-thirty in the morning, thanks to all of that "help."

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:26 pm

OK, I have just spent, yet another day troubleshooting this thing including going through page after page of upgrades that were installed in a shopping cart.

What fooled me was that the new images were not showing up several pages AND I had other people check and they were seeing the same thing.

I just found out that it is an issue with Norton Firewall. I usually disable it to test that option too but missed that and since the others that viewed it were having the same problem, I really didn't think that could be it anyway. I guess we were all using Norton. So beware that this could happen to you.

What an exercise in futility. Now to try to catch up with all of things that I am behind on because of this.
+_)
~-~-~-~-~

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:04 am

At least, you were able to pinpoint the cause of your problems. It looks like the hard part is over. Hope things go more smoothly for you now.

maico886

Post by maico886 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:16 pm

The more you know about computers the more trouble you have. If I have a problem (and I know I'm lucky) I just call our tech guy.
If I knew a little more I would be tempted to try and fix it myself even with a tech guy. Lucky me.

CHICAGOMAN68

HEY STOP BEATING THAT HORSE

Post by CHICAGOMAN68 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:53 am

HEY THAT HORSE HAS ALREADY BEEN BEATEN ENOUGH !! LOL HOW IS EVERYONE DOING just got down working a 16 hour day and man i am beat just wanted to say hi

Armande

Post by Armande » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:03 pm

Interpunction just isn't your thing, is it Chicagoman?
~!@
Ogle my jewelry, visit Armande's Tarot Online or browse my photography. You needn't get bored... ;)