What the BLEEEEP%^&$*!

Let's hear some whining!

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:38 pm

WEll, I've got myself into trouble a few times with posts and emails and had to backtrack and explain my intentions as they were taken completely opposite of what I had intended, not to mention the times that I just opened my big mouth when I shouldn't have. I find myself playing the game of checking to see if what I said could be interpreted any other way. It's usually after I post, so it's too late anyway!

We've become so PC that we have to second guess ourselves all of the time. So much for spontaneity.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sun May 01, 2005 5:11 pm

I hear you!

I also second-guess myself after e-mailing a grade and comments to the few students who have managed to get on my last nerve. These students wait until the end of the semester to send in all 10 or 11 of the assignments that should have been submitted weeks ago for evaluation. These papers are often poorly organized and written. I have to force myself to write feedback in a polite manner, although I am sorely tempted to cuss them out and ask them what they were thinking! Then there are students who beg for a "little time" for submitting work after a semester has ended and when they get it, they still manage to turn the work in extremely late or not at all. These slackers even have the nerve to complain to the college sometimes, arguing that they didn't deserve low grades. HELLO! Did I force you to register for a certain course? No. Did I bug you about late assignments or the stinking quality of your work? No.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sun May 01, 2005 8:29 pm

Looking up sheepishly. Are you talking about me? LOL.

That's exactly what I did on my last class. I had to write several papers critiqueing art in the 20th century. I wrote the first one and got a glowing report. It was going to be tough to top the first one. Maybe that's why I was also reluctant to begin, since second-best was not going to be good enough. I did care about the subject matter.

It was a good start but time seemed to get away from me with my workload and the semester ended. It really wasn't humanly possible to continue with it. There was an extension period that I almost missed also and ended up writing the last 3 papers all at once in the last week, which was a monumental effort. I'm sure he didn't appreciate that and now I can see it from the side of the instructor in having to grade it.

He did make a comment about that, but I did manage to get an A-, which I was pleased to get, coming from someone at his level and experience. I guess that's where that minus comes in. I knew I could have done better with more time, and saw some wording that I would have changed.

If everyone handed them in at that late date, it would be overwhelming to the instructor. My apologies from them, who I am a part of. :-)
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon May 02, 2005 5:02 pm

That's all right. : - )

Things do happen and I am pretty flexible about accepting late assignments, so long as a student doesn't turn them late habitually. After all, I began my studies on a part-time basis and held a full-time office job as a file clerk (which I hated anyway) and was foolish enough to register for three courses - English comp, western civilization AND economics! I passed with C's, though. That is something that I am definitely not proud of. And yet, quite a few adult students still sign up for 12 credits at Thomas Edison, knowing that they will have a lot of reading and writing to do. Then add to that family and job commitments and you've got a recipe for disaster, LOL!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon May 02, 2005 7:28 pm

Now don't get accommodating with those procrastinators. Hold their feet to the fire. Hey, they may appreciate the motivation.

It's tough in those distance learning situations. I've done those and it's so easy to overload since it's all a bit removed anyway. It's the whole cyber world mentality and a step removed from reality, we think. Then when it's time to deliver, we soon find out that it's real life and has all that goes with that.
~-~-~-~-~

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Tue May 03, 2005 3:30 am

LOL, I don't and the College doesn't either. If a student thinks that he or she is going to need a LOT of extra time, then he or she is encouraged to apply and pay for an extension. That payment is similar to a penalty for procrastinating.

Seriously, though, I understand. Quite a few years ago, I signed up for and completed three correspondence writer's courses given by Writer's Digest, though not all at one time. I learned my lesson. Anyway, I took a long time in completing an advanced short story writing course. Somehow, I couldn't get myself to do much work until I realized that a deadline was fast approaching. Then I really got busy! It does take quite a bit of self-motivation to complete correspondence and online courses, especially for a lazy procrastinator such as myself.

naynay

Post by naynay » Fri May 13, 2005 1:14 am

From the sounds of it Mauveduh you certainly are not catching even the smallest of breaks...and I have had long stretches of time where it seems to almost be a pattern that has formed around us. For you it sounds like the harder you work and try to build, a brick continues to keep tumbling.
You are doing everything right and then some....two steps forward three steps back...etc and on.

I think these things start having a routine and pattern to them which is so unreasonable, like your in a rut of constant back luck or crap being thrown your way. Maybe it is actually a sign that you need to break the pattern. Maybe do something totally different for even a couple of days. Maybe something you feel you CAN'T possibly do or take time to do because you can't afford to detour. Everything has to weighed out but there is a good chance that your detour won't really cost you.. Maybe you will find that it will actually cost you if you DON'T take a detour.

From your posts it sure sounds like you work so hard and you have a lot of stress in your life. I admire you ability to laugh as I think your right about finding humor in the absurdity of our lives is what keeps us sane.

Let's think of some good and practical detours togather...as I can talk the talk but I don't take the time to try to find alternative ways to avoid if possible some of the crap I feel like I keep enduring. Maybe just little baby steps. Like one day I walked on the beach and I felt so good later that day. My legs hurt like hell the next day but for that one day I did something different for just 30 minutes and that day was a better day.
(haven't done it since!! ) it takes practice.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Fri May 13, 2005 7:40 pm

naynay, I think you "get me". Sounds like you can relate. It feels like being in quicksand when you are struggling to get out and keep being pulled down.

I think you've got a good idea coming up with some detours. A different road doesn't sound like such a bad thing at the monent. :-)
~-~-~-~-~

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Sat May 14, 2005 4:18 pm

Especially a road that leads to a nice vacation. And away we go!

MagicOPromotion

What the BLEEEEP

Post by MagicOPromotion » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:44 am

so what are the differences? grills, front corner lights, and tail lights? anything else?

i remember when i was looking for a heater core, they said that there were two possible ones because nissan changed some stuff during mid 87.

anybody know anything about that?
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===

bigpig

Post by bigpig » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:28 am

Anyway, you got that stuff off your chest, which is a good thing. And after you get down that low, there's nowhere to go but up! Good luck! Hope that things get better.

ledin808yxg

Post by ledin808yxg » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:25 am

thank you for sharing this.