Vinyl HBO Series

TV, Movies, Plays, Music, Games

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Vinyl HBO Series

Post by Mauveduh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm having fun watching the Vinyl series on HBO. It's a period piece about the transition from Rock 'n' Roll to new genres of music. Right now they are seeing Punk as the next best thing. The soundtracks are incredible and nostalgic performed by top-notch musicians.

There are many characters that are reminiscent in look and sound of music icons from the past, yet they are someone else. Some are represented as familiar names as we follow a humorous depiction of the rise of Alice Cooper and his interaction with other known entertainers of the time. His disdain for the establishment is played out in humorous antics with those trying to sign him.

Produced by Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger, it is a fun time had by all, equipped with the struggles and drug use that fueled the times and the industry.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

Dando

Re: Vinyl HBO Series

Post by Dando » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:35 pm

I'm into this series. That last episode was was the best when they went to Vegas and tried to sign Elvis. Rich let his friend take the fall and feel like sh&^% for something he did and no one knows but him. Daaaammm? Would drive a guy to drink.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 pm

That was a great episode!! Did you know that the lead singer of the Nasty Bits on the show, Kip Stevens is really James Jagger, the son of Mick Jagger? And Clark Morelle is played by Jack Quaid, the son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan. Now I see the resemblance to both of them when I look at him. He's been in several movies including The Hunger Games. I didn't know.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

SumitaSofat

Post by SumitaSofat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:11 am

Nice Post thanks for the sharing with us.