Superman Blues

TV, Movies, Plays, Music, Games

Moderator: Mauveduh

Marlowe

Superman Blues

Post by Marlowe » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:11 pm

I am a bit cranky right now as I am very sad to hear about Christopher Reeves death. Sad, yet so relieved. How hard is life in general for us healthy-bodied folks. Then take someone like Reeves who was completely paralyzed, yet managed to keep such dignity and grace. What a Superman indeed.

Very pleased to have the spell check tool...mauveduh.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:27 pm

Yeah, that was a man to be admired. He faced such tragedy with grace and virtue and was a role model to us all. He will be missed and his contribution to the victims of spinal cord injury will not be forgotten.

Glad you like the spell checker. It's a very handy tool.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:52 pm

It's too bad that things ended the way they did.

However, there was another actor who played Superman when the TV program first came out and for the life of me, I cannot recall his name! I liked him a lot. Besides rescuing people, he had a sense of humor and was very approachable.

maico886

Post by maico886 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:14 pm

First superman= George Reeve (similar last name)
I always heard he jumped from a window, (took his TV role a little too seriously).

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:58 pm

I heard he took his own life but wasn't sure how. Wouldn't that be ironic if he jumped from a window.

Remember the movie that Christopher Reeves did with Michael Caine? I think it was "Death Trap"? He was good in that.
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

adamwalkner

Re: Superman Blues

Post by adamwalkner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:17 pm

So if you really wan to know my thinking about Superman Blues, then i will tell you that Christopher D'Oiler Reeve was an American Actor, Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Author as well as Activist. He achieved Stardom for his Acting Achievements, in particular his Motion Picture Portrayal of the Comic Book Superhero Superman. Some more Details about Christopher D'Oiler Reeve, which i mention under here :

Born : September 25, 1952 in New York City, New York, United States

Died : October 10, 2004 in Mount Kisco, New York, United States

Spouse : Dana Reeve ( m. 1992 - 2004 )

Children : William Reeve, Matthew Reeve, Alexandra Reeve
For All The Fans of Paul : Here goes the source to watch Furious 7 Full Movie

EllissonWatson

Re: Superman Blues

Post by EllissonWatson » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:25 am

He will be missed and his contribution to the victims of spinal cord injury will not be forgotten.