What's up with Tom Cruise?

TV, Movies, Plays, Music, Games

Moderator: Mauveduh

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

What's up with Tom Cruise?

Post by Mauveduh » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:42 pm

I used to really like him but I can't even stand to look at him now. The guy has been taken over by his testosterone.

It was cute at first when he proclaimed his love for Katie Holmes. But now he's on this cruisade against psychiatry and medication and he's become the world's self-proclaimed authority that knows more than anyone else in the world. I've seen a couple of interviews where he shows no respect for anyone else's opionion and basically treats the other person like an ignorant moron.

I loved Matt Lauer's interview where Tom tried to minimize his knowledge and inellect through intimidation and Matt was cool and calm and showed a voice of reason in the midst of Tom puffing out his chest in some sign of male dominance and believing his own press.

The guy has gone off the deep end and shows his true colors as an inflexible black and white thinker. That's the part that totally turns me OFF!!

He reacted the same way when another interviewer asked him a couple of questions he didn't like. They guy's attitude scares me and I think it's going to scare Katie too when she gets tired of being with a tyrant and he turns into a stalker because she dares to dissagree with his thinking.

Hey Tom! It's a grey world. Get a clue!!
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:40 pm

Reminds me of another actor who got too big for his britches, namely Tom Hanks.

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:37 pm

Ahhh..... and they are both good friends of Steven Speilberg. I wonder if there's a connection. ;-)
~-~-~-~-~
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.--Mark Twain

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:12 am

Gee, I didn't know that! And you are probably right about there being a connection. Interesting....

jnessinger

Post by jnessinger » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:12 pm

conncection are they BOTH GAY HYMM

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:15 pm

Tom Hanks might and I wouldn't be surprised. He's a wussy guy. I bet that he runs like a girl, LOL!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:04 am

LOLOLOL. Well, Tom Hanks played a girl in that sitcom several years ago. He wasn't a bad looking woman either! He looked a bit like Stockard Channing. I've always liked him but he my not be the "nice guy" that he pretends to be.

Steven Speilburg always seemed to be a down-to-earth guy, despite his fame. I heard that he could be immersed in his work and could switch gears in a second to focus on talking to his kids with full attention. That's just heresay, of course, but little things like that form your opinions of those celebrities that we only know from their media personnas.

Our perceptions can certainly change from admiration to disdain quickly, as with Tom Cruise, with a couple of questionable media clips.
~-~-~-~-~

jnessinger

Post by jnessinger » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:33 pm

RUN FOREST RUNNNN! AND THE SHOW HE WAS ON CALLED BOSUM BUDDIES ")

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:13 pm

YES, it's Bossom Buddies!! I couldn't think of the name of it. That was Tom Hank's breakout role. LOL I liked him in that and also liked the guy who played the other guy who dressed like a woman.

He he didn't get as big as Tom Hanks but he did several other TV shows. He was on Newhart and wasn't he in one of those versions of, "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids"? Get out your trivia archive. He's done other things too but I can't remember them.
~-~-~-~-~

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:16 pm

Speaking of Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise both believing their own press and getting carried away with themselves, they both have the same name. Hmmm....
~-~-~-~-~

webwriter

Post by webwriter » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:49 pm

Well, it might be fun to joke about. We can always theorize and come up with fascinating and funny stuff.

For example, maybe they both had the same mom at some point. Or maybe they are stepbrothers. Now THAT would be funny. And maybe Tom Hanks had a sex change operation and changed his name accordingly from Thomasina to plain old Tom. LOLOLOLOL!

Speaking of funny guys, did you know that Chris Rock is going to have a new situation comedy this fall called "Everybody Hates Chris?" The show focuses on him as a little boy (I don't know the child actor's name.)and one of the clips shows his mother (or aunt) opening the door to his room and telling him to clean his pee off the toilet seat. Or was she reminding him that he left pee on the toilet seat? I was laughing too hard to remember. Another clip shows him in an all-white elementary school and being accosted by a fat white boy who called him "bojangles." Chris confronts his tormentor and winds up in a fight that his tormentor seems to be winning.

Marlowe

Post by Marlowe » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:28 am

Yes, Mr. Cruise has suddenly seems to have either "snapped" or finally just coming out of his "fanatic" closet! I am a fan of many of movie stars, both old and new. If I am a "die-hard" fan, it can be for many reasons, and more often than not, my reasons are not typical or obvious. When I get attached to a celebrity I am pretty loyal and it would take something quite treacherous to turn me away.

Tom Cruise has never appealed to me personally as "a hunk or hottie," although I certainly see why he is to many in both genders, as the man is very handsome, sexy, charming...etc. I have enjoyed the majority of his films and I have never been compelled to bad-mouth the man. (which is half the fun of following the lives of celebrities...which I love to do!) I think Tom is a very talented actor, a good humanitarian, father, friend and all around good guy, but I have never been drawn to him or his movies for the sake of seeing Tom Cruise.

Scientology works for many people that I admire and I respect the committment and loyalty these folks seem to have. In otherwords it hasn't really "rubbed me the wrong way", I just feel indifferent towards it.

Being a avid reader and follower of celebrities, it has been most fun lately following Tom. While I am a big fan of Tom Hanks, I agree with what you said Mauveduh about Tom Cruise. In fact I was reading an article from a movie critic the other day and he had his own take on Mr. Cruise's latest behavior. I had to laugh but it got me to thinking even more, so here is another theory or "slant" concerning Mr. Cruise.

"War of the Worlds" is a Steven Spielberg movie!! You know that film maker GIANT! " Who cares whose in it? Who cares what its about? It doesn't matter because its Spielberg!
Okay a bit dramatic, but lets face it...for the most part whatever Spielberg touchs turns to gold! However, with all the hulabaloo and press Tom is getting, we almost forget that this "Summer Blockbuster" film is a Spielberg film. We almost forget Spielberg because seems more like a "Tom Cruise" film...a film that has a secret message and Tom is the Messenger...the Mesiah!

It could actually be a Scientology film! "War of the Worlds" is a coded warning from Cruise to his minions that some bad folks from the Mother Planet (Scientologist beliefs) is about to exterminate the human race here on Earth. Think about the weird behavior of Tom that has been leading up to the films release. Secret messages like jumping up and down on Oprah's couch. Cracking on Brooke Shields, chiding Matt Lauer. Tom doesn't care because he knows that him and all the other Enlightened Ones won't have to put up with the likes of the rest of us much longer.
Isn't that what's making him so annoyingly happy?

Now this sweeping romance and very quick, very abrupt engagement to Katie Holmes is maybe the most dramatic message of all. Tom knows its time to find some prime breeding stock. After this apocalypse someone has to get started on creating this species again and Tom Cruise is the one to do it and do it right! "War of the Worlds" has plenty of sublte warnings and messages...and Tom Cruise is letting us know that there still might be time to be "clear" and avoid the fate to come.

In lieu of everything I have read and seen lately, I am just wondering if the masses haven't been fooled. We are all looking at poor Michael Jackson, but maybe its Cruise who's the real weirdo!

Mauveduh
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Post by Mauveduh » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:55 pm

Someone else had another theory about Tom and how each of his successive significant others is 11 years younger than the first.

I know about Nicole, then Penelope and now Katie. I wonder if it started with Mimi Rogers. She may be 11 years older than Nicole. I didn't look these up to verify it.

Next thing you know, we will make him into some kind of Messiah with all of these theories floating about. LOL That may just what he wants.

Actually, I have always admired many of the actors who seemed to be into Scientology and thought of how it seemed to work for them in some way. They were certainly successful and driven people. I've also heard that Scientology caters to the very successful and wealthy. If you are in that group, you will be treated like royalty. But if you in the other percentage, you are merely one of the generic masses and are fairly insignificant. Now that's just blatant gossip that I have just heard so take it with a grain of salt. I'm just the messenger, much like the National Enquirer, in this case. I havnen't checked my sources. ;-)
~-~-~-~-~

jnessinger

Post by jnessinger » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:39 am

OK FOR ALL YOU OTHERS SIGN UP FOR AIRPLANEGUY>SCIENTOLOGY I would discriminate but just send your monthly dues off only 9.99 and I will even inlcude a self addressed envelope nothing iin it of course but a self addressed envelop LOL

naynay

Post by naynay » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:14 pm

Hey you made me laugh jnessinger...alias chicagoman? Your airplane sure looks familiar and you sure sound like him. Good to see you are still aboard. I have been gone for ions, and its nice to see familiar friends. Including webwriter and of course mauveduh.